Monday, June 3, 2013

Green Glitter Ombre Nails

I was sitting here the other night and watching reruns of RuPaul's Drag Race....When I noticed one of the ladies had GORGEOUS ombre glitter nails!!! OMG I fell in love! I ran into my bathroom and grabbed my glitter and nail polish and set everything up and got to work. I put down a base coat of black polish and let that dry COMPLETELY. Then layered a lime green polish in a gradient, then dipped the nail, while still wet, into my pot of glitter. I brushed off the extra and pressed the glitter down firmly onto each nail so that nothing was sticking up. Then I took a small brush and sprinkled a little more glitter on to even out the look. I applied three coats of clear top coat. Which sealed it all in nicely. I must say I am in love with these nails! They are so sparkly and I have gotten so many compliments on them since I did them last night! 
The pictures below are with and without flash. 


I just used basic crafting glitter. I bought it at Michael's for about 5 dollars for a package with about 10 different baggies of different colored glitter. I put the glitter into some empty jars I had saved up to make them easier to use. 

For more nail art and makeup look be sure to like my page over there --> on the sidebar. And follow my blogger! Thanks everyone!  

-AG

No comments:

Post a Comment