Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Montagne Jeunesse Mud Pac Mask

Hola Amigos! 

Yep...Im in a crazy mood today I must admit lol 

Alright so a few days ago I went to Krogers and saw they had some Montagne Jeunesse face masks on sale! I have never tried a face mask before in my life but decided to try it out on a whim. My skin was feeling a bit oily and this DID promise to clear up that oily skin! I ran home and got to work. 

I cleaned my face as it stated on the back of the package and attempted to tear into the pack. It has a little circle that said "pull out to open!" Seemed easy enough but I must have pulled and ripped on this package for a good five minutes before finally taking my teeth to it out of frustration and ripping the bag apart. 

Step one: Open package...CHECK! 
Then it said to spread in an even layer across face and neck....hmm. Ok, that should be easy. Not for me apparently. I had this stuff in my hair, on my arms, on the floor and it was sticky and messy and NOT BLUE! It was more of a minty green...like toothpaste. And it smelled like mens body wash. I know this because I compared smells with my boyfriends Right Guard that was in the shower lol 

I finally got it on in one layer and found out the hard way that I have too much FACE. I couldn't apply the mask to my neck at all lol 

I walked out of my bathroom to wait the 10-15 minutes until this mask dried looking like this: 

Oh yeah! 

My boyfriend made a rather strange face upon seeing me...then busted out laughing. So..this mask is not sexy in any way. Got it. 

I waited the 10-15 minutes while sitting there with my notepad to write down any feelings I had while the mask was on. It was cold. A menthol type effect that almost stung after a while. It made my face feeling like I was standing outside in the middle of an ice storm. And when it started drying it was very difficult to move anything on my face. 

Times up! I went to wash it out and that took about 10 minutes longer than I thought it would take. This stuff is like glue...you know? The white school glue stuff that dries hard...but if you get it wet it turns into a sticky, slippery mess? Yep...that was this mask. 

I finally got it all off and....

My skin is still on my face! lol The stinging feeling wasn't killing me as I had first thought! lol 
I did notice that my skin felt very refreshed and had less red splotches. I waited a week before writing this review to see if anything had improved. The oily skin seems to have gone away...but it has been replaced by a few dry patches around my face as well as a few breakouts. I haven't changed anything else in my routine so I am blaming them on the mask. 

I would say I would love to try out another mask from them to see if they are all the same...but I probably won't be buying this specific mask again. I would give it a C....+...because Im nice lol 

Let me know in the comments if there is anything you would like to see me review!
Thanks for reading!

<3
-AG



No comments:

Post a Comment